Who We Are
Moonpool Consultants Pte Ltd is a company based in Singapore, originally founded by French naval architects Nicolas Genton and Olivier Chapuis who took over and expanded a rig project management business named Protomax Ltd.
We are a team of engineers & specialists having built our professional experience working with some of the most predominant international offshore services companies (Schlumberger, Sedco-Forex, Transocean, Cameron, Saipem).
Our track records include all types of offshore units – MODUs and MOPUs: Drilling barges, Jack-ups, Liftboats, Tenders TAD, Semi-submersibles and Drillships.
Since our inception in 2002 we have completed several major projects involving both our specialties: project management and design services.
We have the capability to design customized offshore vessels starting from a blank sheet of paper, follow up construction and up to delivery to our customer.
- Structural design, finite element analysis
- Naval architecture
- Vessel stability, hull sizing
- Drilling system integration
- 3D vessel and drilling machinery layout
- Mechanical, HVAC & piping systems
- Electrical systems
- Vessel & drilling systems instrumentation
- Rig accommodations and related systems
Our Major Achievements
- Engineering & project management for 3 new built drilling swamp barges: “Raissa”, “Maera” & “Yani” all three initially hired by Total in Indonesia (project with Protomax Ltd).
- Complete project management team and engineering support for construction of the new Jack-up “Soehanah”, also initially hired by Total in Indonesia.
- Complete basic design package and construction preparation for the deep water drilling vessel “Equatorial Driller ED-168”.
- Complete “in House” Basic Design Package & set of construction specifications for high specification Jack Up “KJU-Tiger Class”.
- Complete Basic Design Package for jumboisation project of tender assist drilling barge “Triumph 109”.
- Engineering services as Owner representative for new build jack-up rig “Explorer I”.